MÖTLEY CRÜE singer Vince Neil says that the band is returning to the studio to record four new songs.

“Exciting news!” he wrote in a tweet earlier today (Thursday, September 13). “I’ll be going back in recording studio in a few weeks with the boys to record 4 brand new Motley Crue tracks! Rock On!!”

Vince‘s latest comments come just two weeks after a picture of MÖTLEY CRÜE bassist Nikki Sixx and drummer Tommy Lee was posted on the band’s Facebook page, along with the caption “28th August 2018.” Appearing them in the photo was longtime MÖTLEY CRÜE producer and collaborator Bob Rock. In addition, a brief video of Lee playing drums was posted on his Instagram, with the drummer captioning the clip: “It’s that new shit!!!”

MÖTLEY CRÜE fans have speculated that the trio were working on music for the film adaptation of the group’s biography, “The Dirt – Confessions Of The World’s Most Notorious Rock Band”.

The movie, which is being helmed by “Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa” director Jeff Tremaine, is being produced by LBI Entertainment‘s Julie Yorn and Rick Yorn, along with Erik Olsen and Amanda Adelson, who wrote the script. Netflix will distribute the project, which was previously at Focus and before that at Paramount.

Back in late 2016, Sixx shot down any possibility of the CRÜE returning as a recording act, telling TeamRock that there was “no chance” of the band making another record. “I want to just leave it intact,” he said. “I see no reason. We couldn’t be creative as a band, so how the hell can we continue? But I’m glad the way it finished — we did it all, we did what we said we were going to do, and now I’m excited about the future.”

MÖTLEY CRÜE‘s last studio album was 2008’s “Saints Of Los Angeles”, which was followed by a 2009 “Greatest Hits” compilation.

A tour film about MÖTLEY CRÜE‘s final shows, “The End”, came out in 2016.

In 2015, MÖTLEY CRÜE completed “The Final Tour”, closing the book on the band’s iconic career after performing a total of 164 shows in 72 markets, grossing over $100 million.

To cement the sense of finality, the four members of MÖTLEY CRÜE in 2014 publicly signed a “cessation of touring” contract that prevents any of them from performing under the CRÜE name in the future.

Exciting news! I’ll be going back in recording studio in a few weeks with the boys to record 4 brand new Motley Crue tracks! Rock On!!

— Vince Neil (@thevinceneil) September 13, 2018

Fonte: Blabbermouth.net

Comments

A proposito dell'autore

Post correlati